• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install BOTH Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro Correctly

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an RDS environment where some users need the more advanced capabilities of Acrobat Pro while others just need to view PDFs.

We had both Reader and Pro DC installed, but recently, something got corrupted and Acrobat.dll kept causing crashes (according to event viewer).  I uninstalled Acrobat Pro DC and it appears to have removed Reader as well (though I didn't realize that at the time).  I then re-installed Acrobat Pro DC and not it works properly.  Except for the folks that don't need the more advanced features.  Reader is no longer there.

I tried to download and install the Enterprise offline installer for Reader and ran it, but it stops shortly after the install process saying there's a more capable version installed, so it won't install. (THANKS ADOBE!)

The install and uninstall process is extremely lengthy (seems to take about 20-30 minutes of simply waiting), meanwhile, it forces me to take the RDS server offline so I can try installs and uninstalls, disrupting the business.  (THANKS ADOBE!)

Can someone enlighten me to the requirements and restrictions and methods of installation to get both products installed and working again?  I've worked around it for the time being by installing a much older version (Acrobat Reader 2017 with updates through some point in 2021, thanks to NINITE), but I would rather be using a (working) current product that (presumably) more secure.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines