Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrate Acrobat into Firefox

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

does anyone know how to integrate Acrobat into Firefox? Usually the process is automated. However, there is no plugin appearing in my Firefox. In Chrome, yes, but not in Firefox.

This is not a question about enabling a deactivated plugin. You can find many sources on how to enable Acrobat plugin but not a single source is addressing the issue of "no plugin at all". Is there a setting in Acrobat I can use manually so Acrobat tells Firefox "I am here, install my plugin" ?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the plugin that creates PDF files, or the one that displays them in the browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, indeed the creation plugin. sorry, thought that was clear as the viewer comes with FF anyway already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't launched Firefox in a few months, so out of curiosity, I launched, updated, and found my Acrobat plugin there.

firefox_acrobat.png

Any chance you have it installed, but disabled?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked. The extension is not there in any form.

firefox0.pngfirefox1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the Add-ons of Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have looked in add-ons in Firefox - following direction on this page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enable-createpdf-extension-firefox.html

I have Acrobat Pro 2020 - so it should be there. I did an uninstall and reinstall of Acrobat. STill no plug in.

I am on Mac 11.4 and Firefox 89.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Helpx guidance to install this ads-on is outdated.

If I am not incorrect, The Acrobat plug-in is not supported as it used to be since version 65 and later... maybe even from earlier versions.

There used to be a fix to download and install disabled Firefox Add-ons. But these links are no longer available in the Firefox community forums.

The other workaround used to be done using the "about:config" method to unblock a list system of unverified add-ons not signed by Mozilla,  that was implemented as a security layer to prevent installing such unsigned and unverified add-ons.

If you need to open files directly in Acrobat when browsing the web using Firefox, you need to

install the "Open in PDF Viewer" extension from addons.mozzilla.org.

Once you have it installed, go to "Firefox Settings" --->> "General",  or  simply type in the URL bar "about:preferences" and scroll down to "Applications".

In this section all you have to do is select from the list of programs which one you want PDF documents to open by default; select "Use Adobe Acrobat DC" if listed, otherwise PDFs will open by default in a browsing tab in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that. I purchased Acrobat 2020 specifically for its ability to create PDFs from webpages. Is there a way to do that? Or is that not actually a feature anymore? It is still promoted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may be able to  use the add-on feature with Internet Exlplorer 11, not with Firefox.

If you want to use the extension in Chrome, or Chrome-based engine web browsers, you should be able to use that feature in those browsers that allow to install the add-on directly from the Chrome web store.

Here's how to use the feature with both the web browser add-on or directly in Acrobat: 

If I find information on how to allow older unsigned add-ons  in Firefox, and where to download them from, I'll post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines