• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integration with LEAP not working

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use LEAP law office software, which in theory integrates with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  In fact, it did integrate on my last computer, which I just replaced.  Now, it does not offer LEAP as an Add-In.  I have tried in both Pro and the Reader.  Any help?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue today, 28 January 2022.

Acrobat Pro DC worked fine with LEAP, and then LEAP updated on Monday. Since then Acrobat has repeatedly crashed and then fails to load. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and it works for a while, then crashes again. I have turned the machine it off and back on again, I have run the repair program feature in control panel, and I have force ended tasks in task manager. These resolutions worked once or twice, then stopped working. The only resolution is to uninstl then reinstal acrobat. 

Anyone out there have any suggestions?  I will raise this with LEAP as it apperas their latest update is to blame.

TIA,

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catherine, 
I can confirm that a client of mine is also experiecing the same issue. 

To allow you to open Adobe Acrobat Pro XI, I have removed the 'LeapCommunicator.api' file from the plugins directory. This just allows you to open the application, however what I have seen is that when you attempt to open a PDF from LEAP, it won't open the application. For the interim, you can use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, however you don't have the PRO functions available to you. 

I have submitted a ticket to LEAP and waiting to hear back from them. I suggest you might want to do the same. 

Regards, Terry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the new install does not have all the components needed.  I experienced this with a client and had to copy over the addin folder from an old LEAP folder to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you do this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this is becoming a major problem for all law firms that use LEAP. Where has the LEAP add-in for Acrobat Reader gone? Can it be brought back ASAP? If anyone has any temporary solutions can they be posted here. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to talk to LEAP. They make the add-ins and support them; Adobe don't include them with their product and never have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone managed to rectify this issue on a permanent basis as yet.  LEAP remote in and fix it and shortly after it falls off again.   So terribly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Acrobat DC and Leap on a new computer and the plugin is not working.  Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here having bought and tranferred to a new laptop. Any help welcomed, was this resolved by anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, fresh install of Windows, Adobe Pro and LEAP. Windows 11 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines