• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF Multi-Image Drop Down

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my goal is to have a button or something (drop down etc.) that will allow them to pick one of the three images (question mark, check mark or X) for each of these three choices.

This is for a local animal rescue group they need an interactive pdf that they can fill in for each animal then save a a jpg to post to their Facebook, emails and website. They will be using Acrobat Reader.

​

I am currently working in InDesign CC 2018 and The most recent version of Acrobat.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of ways to do it. If you created the file in ID then you can place each image on a separate layer and then use a script to show/hide the layers based on the user's selection. Another option is to do it with button fields that have those images as their icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to a demo file that does something like this: http://acroscript.net/pdf/demos/multistate_4.pdf

Clicking on one of the buttons repeatedly cycles through the possible choices. It uses Some JavaScript, which you will have to study a bit to understand how it works. If you have any questions, post again. It works in the desktop versions of Acrobat/Reader, but not in some mobile and non-Adobe PDF viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stoplight thing is awesome.  I am trying to duplicate this for a form that would have multiple instances of these where each can cycle independently.  Can someone help me accomplish this please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The demo file is intended to show how it's done. All of the scripting is there, but I realize it might take some studying to understand how it works. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message through this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@George_Johnson

That is basically what i am looking for with the stop light sample is I don't really know JavaScript I can pull the script they used in this file but I am not sure how to set this up. How would I hide my layers and do i have to have a text field or can I just do image changes? Sorry for all the questions I am kind of teaching myself interactive pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sample doesn't use layers, but rather buttons as mentioned by try67. The three buttons in the upper-left would normally be hidden. A button icon can be set to anything (image, vector graphic, text, or any combination).

As you noticed each button has a companion text field. I did this so that there would be a way to import/export and programmatically get/set the value of the field (button/text combination). Each text field would also normally be hidden, but is displayed for demo purposes. This may be more than you need, but I don't have a simpler demo available that doesn't include the text field functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This type of script is somewhat complicated. 

Here is another examples:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/FreeStuff/PDFSamples/TheFlyv3_EN4Rdr.pdf

But to work it must be run in Acrobat/Reader

If you need help send me a private message. Just click on my picture.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you everyone I learned a lot. I think I got it by doing the buttons stacked and just changing the visibility of each a little extra data in the file that way but it works and does what I wanted it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info: Acrobat Reader can't save as jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines