• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is Acrobat Pro 2020 the right choice for me

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering purchasing Acrobat Pro 2020 but I want to know about its PDF editing capabilities. Can I change or add to existing text, or add pictures to an existing pdf?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al,

Yes you can BUT do not expect it to work like a word processing program or a page layout program. 

At best you can do a touch-up here or replace a word there. But your best bet whenever editing a document is needed is to always go to the original document in the original program.

Also consider: if you're about to send out a PDF to someone(s) else and update a date, or fix the spelling of a name (both of which are easy to do in Acrobat Pro), you then have an original document somewhere that also needs to be updated. If it's not updated, the next time a PDF is made from the original, the wrong date or misspelled name will still be there. Which again goes back to the need of going back to the original document using the original application. 

However, I'm sure you know that editing a document is only one of many features that Acrobat Pro DC has and there are many others that you might find useful. You can get a 7-day free trial so I'd say check it out: try doing some editing, some merging of documents, creating bookmarks, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  2 of us on staff have Pro DC, Distiller, Creative Cloud and Photoshop so we can do all the magical things.  I want to get something for the rest of my staff that will allow for minor edits of text and replacing pictures.  They won't need to do any major project designs or huge edits.  

The price difference between Pro DC and 2020 is significant enough that I don't feel they need the full Pro package but I don't want to spend the money on something that will only allow them to add/delete/rotate pages and not edit text and/or pictures. (By edit pictures I mean change what picture is in the pdf not a photoshop type edit of pictures.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines