• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is anyone else's password protect feature not working? and it just gives you a grayed out screen?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else's password protect feature not working? and it just gives you a grayed out screen? you can see its trying to do the pop up prompt to enter a password but it never shows up. I was using a desktop imac when this happened. so I tried on my m1 Macbook. and at first it came up the same way, gray, and then a few seconds later the password dialogue appeared.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 1.00.59 PM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using on desktop Imac? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest. my creative cloud says "up to date" next to Acrobat DC.  2022.001.20085

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"a new test user profile" <- I am not willing to entertain this. Because if it works fine in another user profile, I'm not willing to start another user profile to work under. Too much work rebuild my settings and everything I need on a new user profile.  Thats an extreme move to start a new profile. It's what your team tried suggesting to me when I couldnt get After effects to open the other day. And they tried all this ridiculous stuff when I told them I wasnt willing to start a new user profile. They erased all my fonts from font book. They kept hinting it was a permissions issue but neglected to let me try Disk Utility, so when I Restarted and the chat agent who was remoting into my computer didnt return, I ran disk utility and it fixed the After Effects issue.  fast forward to today, I ran a much deeper "first aid" in disk utility recovery mode, and everything passed with flying colors but yet Adobe Acrobat is still having issues with the password option popping up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to your link and "Acrobat WebCapture Cookies" doesnt exist. I gave up there and had someone remote in from Adobe. He had me uninstall Acrobat, but what I realized is: it's not enough to press "uninstall" through creative cloud.  Because doing it through creative cloud doesnt actually unstall it. It was still sitting in the applications folder. I had to go into the applications folder and click the icon "Acrobat Uninstaller" which is listed one above the normal Adobe Acrobat application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

If the issue still exists, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer, and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that works. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines