• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add sender information to PDF form received as "anonymous"?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I have created a PDF form including sender information in Acrobat 2017. Unfortunately not every participant uses the included "send form" function. Some instead save the file locally and send it back manually. When I then add the form to my results file, the sender shows as "anonymous".

The poll however is not designed to be anonymous as there are several answers we might have to contact the participants about at a later time. Thus, it would be nice if I could add this info manually in my results file at the time I add the form. So far the only workaround I found is to export to csv, but I can't really use this method incrementally. And finding out whose answer it is in the final file might prove difficult if theres a few dozen anonymous answers in the final dataset.

I'd be very grateful for any ideas.

Thanks a lot!

Chris

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Not from within Acrobat. You will need to do it elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you're asking us, then... If you don't have the sender's information, how can you fill it in? Or do you have it somewhere else? Also, did you make sure to tell the people filling in the form that their information will be saved along with their replies to it? If they didn't fill in their names on it it's probably because they want to remain anonymous, and you need to respect that, even if you know how they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your follow up question, let me clarify:

I have the participant's info and they know that I know. They simply used their own email client instead of the integrated send function. It's a form directly distributed from us as a state administration to local authorities. So privacy is taken care of and there is no personal data involved in any case.

I'd simply like to find out if theres a technical possibility to add the information to the respective dataset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not from within Acrobat. You will need to do it elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the Info!

Just to add my workaround for anyone interested: I ended up renaming the reply PDFs after their senders, so they get saved into the portfolio file like this. This way I can at least double-click an answer and have the name quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines