• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to create a PDF with lockable sections?

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

I'm new to Adobe Acrobat. Never used anything other than Adobe Reader. But now I find myself needing to create :

• A PDF application/form where customers read & type in the various fields (Ex.: Name, Address, Phone Number, etc. etc. etc.)
  • A PDF application/form that has certain text/fields that are locked (they cannot be edited/modifed).

I'm not even sure if Adobe Acrobat is the right product for me. Can someone please give some product advice? Also.....because I'm new to all this, I would need some form of support (phone or online forums like this).

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, you can set some fields as read-only, and others as editable. Keep in mind, though, that the read-only fields can still be reset by the user, so set their default values to the ones you want them to have even when the form is cleared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if Adobe offers technical (phone) support for their products, or would I be left to rely on community support like this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't offer support for scripting issues.

If you find this project to be too complicated for you to implement you can hire a professional to do it for you.

I would be happy to do it, if you're interested, for a small fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will keep you in mind. For now, I will try this on my own. They say it's simple & easy to use, so....time will tell. I'm a little disappointed that they don't have any dedicated staff moderating/chiming in on subjects like this. One would think a company as big as Adobe, would have a team for online support. I'm assuming you're an end user, like myself.

I will give it a try in a week or two. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct, I'm not an Adobe employee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines