• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to embed an Open Sans font on a PDF?

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to create a PDF using Open Sans font. It looks like it's only visible on a computer with that font installed.

Is it possible to embed that Open Sans font?

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Open Sans is a font family distributed as part of the Google font library. The fonts are keyed to allow embedding within PDF files. Thus, if you specify the appropriate PDF creation options (i.e., embed all fonts), then members of the Open Sans used in your source document should embed with no problems in your resultant PDF files.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Sans is a font family distributed as part of the Google font library. The fonts are keyed to allow embedding within PDF files. Thus, if you specify the appropriate PDF creation options (i.e., embed all fonts), then members of the Open Sans used in your source document should embed with no problems in your resultant PDF files.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dov. I am seeing Open Sans font in most fields on the Adobe acrobat pro DC doc sent to me, but it is not available in the font menu while I am editing the doc, so that creates an annoying inconsistency in the fonts. So how do I install Open Sans font onto a Macbook Air that is running the latest Mac OS Monterey 12.5 ? Sorry I am not tech-inclined. Please help, thanks!!

Brendan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines