• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to reset a form but keep the data it created before it was reset?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

With your help I managed to create a timetable. Once I fill in this timetable it completes the page  "classbook22" that links to it. I would now like to create a reset button for the timetable, so I can use it again for the following week. I would like to change the code, so that when I put in the week number (so week 23 instead of 22) it fills in the page "classbook23" rather than "classbook22" and NOT overwrite the data. Is this possible? 

Here is the code I have used to fill in the fields for page "classbook22".

The first picture shows the timetable. You select the topic in the dropdown box and you can write into the field next to it what you want. When a certain subject is selected in the dropdown box it copies it into a field (which are hidden) on the second page (see second picture).  This is the code for it:

var A = this.getField("DD1Mo22").value; var B = this.getField("1SM22").value; var C = this.getField("DKL122").value; var DKL122 = ""; if (A == "D") { DKL122 = B; } else if(A == "M") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "SU") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "Ku") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "Mu") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "S") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "RK") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "RE") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "Med") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "DaZ") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "AG") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "FU") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "E") { DKL122 = ""; }; event.value = DKL122;

Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 10.49.25.pngScreenshot 2022-02-17 at 10.50.18.png

Then depending on which field is filled I accumulate all the information in a second box "Deutsch22". This is the code for this part:

// Get the field values, as strings var s1 = getField("DKL122").valueAsString; var s2 = getField("DKL222").valueAsString; var s3 = getField("DKL322").valueAsString; var s4 = getField("DKL422").valueAsString; var s5 = getField("DKL522").valueAsString; var s6 = getField("DKL622").valueAsString; var s7 = getField("DKL722").valueAsString; // Combine values, separated by a space event.target.value = s1 + " " + s2 + " " + s3 + " " + s4 + " " + s5 +" " + s6 + " " + s7;

This box is on the page "classbook22" and I don't want to delete the data that I put into this box, even if the timetable form with the dropdown fields is reset. Is that possible?

My second question is...Is it possible to use the same timetable again and copy it into the field "Deutsch23" on page "classbook23" if the weeknumber "x9" = 23 ?

I have uploaded the file so that it is maybe easier to understand. (It is pretty basic as my java script is very limited

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not look like a question related to Adobe's RoboHelp product. Which product are you using?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it isnt RoboHelp. Its an Acrobat DC question. Did I somehow ended up in the wrong category? Sorry. I will try and post this in the correct category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved it for you.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want a field's value to reset when you use this command then don't include that field in the list of fields to reset, or change its default value to its current value first.

For example, if you don't want to clear the value of field "Text1" then you can do this:

this.getField("Text1").defaultValue = this.getField("Text1").valueAsString;

this.resetForm();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"var A = this.getField("DD1Mo22").value; var B = this.getField("1SM22").value; var C = this.getField("DKL122").value; var DKL122 = ""; if (A == "D") { DKL122 = B; } else if(A == "M") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "SU") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "Ku") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "Mu") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "S") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "RK") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "RE") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "Med") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "DaZ") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "AG") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "FU") { DKL122 = ""; } else if(A == "E") { DKL122 = ""; }; event.value = DKL122;"

You can simplify it that way:

var A = this.getField("DD1Mo22").value;
var B = this.getField("1SM22").value;
var DKL122 = "";
if (A == "D") { DKL122 = B; }
else { DKL122 = ""; }
event.value = DKL122;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ever so much. This works brilliantly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now my question actually is....

is it possible to include a "reset" button. When I click that button on the timetable page. It will delete all the date in the fields "1SM22", "2SM22"...and so on WITHOUT deleting the data in field "Deutsch22"? (In my attached file this field  is on a seperate page).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just reset the fields you want reset. The reset action takes fields names at input. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The button works and resets the selected fields. However, if I would accidentally click on the field where the information from the form was copied from it would update the field and I would loose the data that was in there. Any advise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use a script for that. Something like this:

if (app.alert("Are you sure you want to reset the form?",2,2)==4) this.resetForm(["1SM22", "2SM22"]);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works fine but I still have the issue with deleting the value. I have created a much simplified version of what I would like to achieve and have attached that file here. Maybe this is easier to understand and maybe work with. 

So you put the number of the week in (I have set it up for week 22 and 23 only) and then you select a dropdown subject and enter a text in the box next to the drop down box. 

So far everything works fine. 

Then I would like the text that is next to the dropdown box to appear on the second page for either week 22 or week 23 depending on the number I have entered in the top left box. 

The second issue is that when I press the reset button, the data on the second page disappear because the date on the first page (meaning the timetable page not the "Einstellung" page) disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Javascript console for errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no errors. I need to edit the code but unfortunately I don't know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the dropdown I get following error:

TypeError: this.getField(...) is null
1:Field:Calculate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "DateField" is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filmed the form. Maybe this helps? Some data fields are hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add those field names to the list of fields to reset, then.

And there's still an error in your code. If you enable the option to show the JS Console on warnings and messages (under Preferences - JavaScript), you'll see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah yes. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines