• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a log that occurs when Acrobat tries to operate?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form I need to complete. When the dropbox is selected in Adobe Reader, I trust the source, click the drop down and the rest of my form populates.

In Acrobat Pro it opens the pdf fine, when I make my selection in the drop down I receive an error that states 

Error: Nothing Done

Error Code

General Error  url fakeaddresshere.com

I've looked at all the security settings and trust center to ensure everything matches as closely as possible. I can't seem to figure out why it works in the free version, but not in the pro version.

I am able to reproduce the same issue on another machine as well.

I have repaired the installation, restarted, ensured that I'm working with the file locally..

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would screenshots or additional data help?

I see I've had many views, but no response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes please share a screenshot.

But just so you know, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Acrobat Reader share many of the same system libraries. Specifically.

If you open both programs, for example, and try to edit the Preferences individually while they're both opened side-by-side, it won't let you.

You'll need to exit the Preferences from either program.

That said, if you have observed that the issue is not happening with Acrobat Reader, take a close look at all of the user Preferences in Acrobat Reader (or take a picture with your phone).

Then open the Preferences in Acrobat Pro to compare settings and see what looks different.

If you spot any Preferences settings in Acrobat Pro that are different from those inAcrobat Reader, then adjust them to match the same Preferences settings that seem to be working in Acrobat Reader.

Also, are both Acrobat versions 64bit? Or is Acrobat Reader 32bit amd Acrobat Pro 64 bit?

And what is the operating system ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines