Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a Stronger Version?

New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Look I am a complete newbie to Acrobat, however, my first impression is it is way too lightweight for my use.

My trial version is converting my word document for over 5 minutes now and looks to be stalled. I know I can do this a lot of other ways, but hey I am testing the application.

The intent I had was to use it to edit my Operations Manuals. This one I am testing with is fairly typical with a combined total of 1900 pages. 

To create these we use word and then drop in various PDF files from manufacturers create Table of contents and then issue. Its okay but the PDF files always read blurry and occasionally are illegible by the time all the processing is done.

I thought I would try import the word document into Acrobat, replace the manufacturers files with the PDF original and then save the whole thing, but I am fast getting the impression this is a lot more than the software was intended to handle. One page or two page replacements sure, but I may be repalcing 100 or so pages. The way its struggling to upload the word document is not filling me with joy and happiness.

Is this the right tool, or should I cancel the trial and stop wasting time?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How are you converting the Word file to PDF, exactly? What command are you using? You mentioned "uploading", but this process should be done totally locally on the computer, if you have Acrobat. There's no need to do it on the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines