• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to allow a user to select more than one option form a drop-down list?

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to give users the option to select more than one option when selecting from a drop-down on a PDF. I have seen where it may be possible using javascript, but am unable to locate the exact script needed to enter to make it work. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a list box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response!

Yeah, seems to be the only way. Don't think it will work for me unless there is a way to have a list box function like a drop down. List box has all the option showing at once. I have two drop down boxes where one affects the other. using javascript.

ie. Drop down box 1 has options a-d

If I select option a, drop down box 2 gives me options to choose from (where I want mulitple options selected, but only want to see the options I select and not the ones I don't).

If I select option b in drop down box 1, drop down box 2 will have no options to choose from. So on and so forth.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can set the options under Box 2 based on the selection in Box 1 (using a script), but you can't select more than one option at a time. The only other way of doing something like that is to use a pop-up menu, triggered by a button, where more than one option can be "ticked", but that requires a more complex scripting solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines