• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to convert without the OCR?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to convert a PDF file to Word. The OCR translates the written language (english) to numbers that are decipherable. I just need it transferred to Word 2007.  I have tried to change in the language but it doesn't accept the do not use selection.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ldean,

Sorry for the delay in response.

If using Adobe Reader XI to convert PDF file to word, you can disable text recognition by clicking change next to recognize text but this option is not available when exporting in Adobe Reader DC or online at this link: https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

Please refer to this link for more info: Disable Optical Character Recognition (OCR) when converting PDF to Word or Excel (Reader XI)

I would like to add that if you disable OCR when exporting pdf file to word, it may come out as an image on the word file.

Let us know if you have any question.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines