• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to get the colors from the PDF automatically listed in a text box?

Advocate ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically what i'm doing is creating a "Proof Form" where someone can drop their artwork in a box (have this working) is there a way to get the colors from that PDF and automatically populate a text field with the Color Names? For instance the PDF i drop might have CMYK but also have Pantone 185, 387 etc... I'm probalby not explaining this well so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also if i need to use a script i'm ok with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible with a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok is this even possible at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will need to look outside of Acrobat to make this happen. Automation tools like Kodak Prinergy and Esko Automation Engine can process a pdf, determine the colors used, and add the color names to a press layout (or report), but they are very expensive. You might also look at Enfocus Pitstop or Switch, although I have not used them for some time, so can't give you specific advice. If you want to do this manually, you can use a combination of Acrobat preflight profiles and Actions to list spot colors and create a report.

List spot colors.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Ink Manager:

Capture_415.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was hoping to have it display at the bottom so people without Acrobat DC would have a easy view\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines