• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there a way to update individual files in a pdf portfolio on opening?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to update files in a pdf portfolio on opening. We (my company) have instruction manuals for our products and different products need different content, where some chapters are shared between products and some are not, depending how products are configured. To manage this in an easy way we have a master document (Indesign) with all the chapters exported as separate pdf files. For each product we than have a pdf portfolio with the relevant chapters. And that works fine, until we do some changes in any of the chapters. Today we have to keep track of any changes and manually replace that document in any portfolio it is included in. Very easy to slip up here. I would love to have an automated update of the files/chapters in the pdf portfolio on opening so we don't miss any changes when printing it. 

Anyone have a solution for this?

Kind regards

Fredrik

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export these manuals as HTML files, put them online, and insert a link to them in the PDF Portfolio.

So they always be automatically up to date.

Capture_527.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that's one way of doing it I suppose. But then you have to open every single pdf to be able to print it, instead of just printing the whole portfolio at once. Or am I missing something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines