• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to use the fill&sign signature without locking a PDF fillable?

Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a PDF fillable with two signature blocks. When one is signed only one block is locked when the second signature block is signed all of the other blocks lock. When users use the fill & sign feture on Pro DC it locks all of the fields. Can I change what happens to the form when signed using the fill & sign signature?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the password security and allow form filling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, that works for the signature block that is a field on the form. But, not for the sign feature on the fill&sign tool. After I use the sign feature on the fill & sign tool the fillable fields are locked. Is there a way to use the sign feature and not lock the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

Can you explain to me how this works and gets around the issue? First signer signs the form. 2nd signer can still edit fillable form and sign. And so on for the 3rd and 4th etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allowing a change to the document after a person has signed defeats the point. The first person signing the form is doing so based on the current information shown. An example: lets say you have a contract price set at $1.00. The first signer agrees to this price and signs the contract. Great! Now lets say the next signer can change that price to $10,000, the first signer agreed to $1.00 but now it looks as though signer 1 agreed to $10,000. Thats why the form fields and editing are

locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the logic but unfortunately in the real world documents need multiple sign offs, signatures. For example I ask my manager for special leave. My manager has to sign the leave and then the director then has to sign it. If when the manager signs and the form is locked so that the next person cannot sign it...that's an issue. Same with if there is a situation where multiple of departments need to fill a part of a form, sign it and then pass it on for another department to complete their section and sign. This is real world paper based business processes that we should be able to do via digital forms and signatures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't use Fill & Sign. Use a form with several signature fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines