• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue adding draw comment over another draw comment

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who is currently having an issue with the commenting tool in Adobe Acrobat Reader whereby when attempting to insert a new draw comment over another comment it will (albeit intermittently) exit out the draw command and instead select the already inserted comment. This is an issue that does not occur on other PC's and I am unable to identify what the problem is.

Is there a setting/preference that would default the mouse click to selecting a comment when in the active draw command?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating overlapping comments is not recommended and can be tricky to do, as you saw.

There's no way around this, unless you hide (or flatten) the other comments first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't undertand why on the same PDF opened on another PC there is no issue though and I cannot replicate it as when I create a new comment over another it continues the draw command and doesn't select the underlying comment. We have been using this type of workflow of layered drawn comments with no prior issue for years so assumed it is a setting surely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What commenting tool(s) are you using, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw command on the commenting tool pallet, used for freehand line drawing. The user is able to add a new draw comment starting away from a previous comment and finish overlapped but currently cannot start the draw comment over the top of an existing draw comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you tick the Keep Tool Selected option you'll be able to create multiple strokes with the Pen tool, and they will all be a part of a single comment. If it's not selected, after each stroke you will need to re-select the tool, and each stroke will be its own comment, which will also prevent you from starting a new line very close to an existing one, as it will select the old comment instead of starting a new one.

To enable this option right-click the tool and select Keep Tool Selected (in order versions) or click the pin icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines