• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue adding text with existing text boxes

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2024 Sep 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I am trying to use the add text tool in Adobe Acrobat Pro Version 2024.003.20112.  When I hit the add text button, a lot of existing text boxes pop up - if I type within those boxes, the whole page messes up with large spaces and other weird formatting.  On my old Acrobat, I could insert new text anywhere, but on this on, I can only insert a new text box outside the existing ones.  Is there any way to turn this off?  It is extremely annoying.  

I already turned off the automatic OCR, but on clean PDFs, this text box problem persists.  Is there any way to turn off existing text boxes or turn on a way to insert a new text box wherever I need one?  

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to add text anywhere. What happens if you click outside one of these "text boxes" and start typing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  It works as it normally did...clicking outside the text boxes creates a new text box and I can type without messing up the document.  That's what I have been doing, clicking somewhere else, typing, and then moving the text box where it needs to go, but I didn't have to do that on my old Acrobat (2017, really old).  I'd just like to skip the extra step, especially if I have to add a lot into a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the extra step, then?

Anyway, I don't think you can do it. Adobe changes how things work from time to time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The extra step is moving the text box, I used to be able to type where I needed to type, without any issue.  It's not a big deal if I it's one time, it gets annoying when I have to do it 50 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Susan39032543a17i for reporting. I have a few queries,

1. Is the issue file specific? If not, can you please share one screen recording of the issue for us to investigate?

2. What happens when you do not use Add text box and directly click and start typing on the selected bounding boxes

3. There's gear icon on the top Left Edit panel and by unchecking the settings of "Show bounding boxes", does not show existing bounding boxes and on hover they appear.

Regards,

Subrato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  

1. Is the issue file specific? If not, can you please share one screen recording of the issue for us to investigate?  It is not file specific - it happens to pdfs, if I try to type within the bounding box, the other text moves, sometimes a lot, or weird formatting things happen.  I've tried to replicate, but of course it's not happening today.  😞

2. What happens when you do not use Add text box and directly click and start typing on the selected bounding boxes  The same weird formatting issues occur.  If i click add text and click inside a text box, it doesn't add another text box, it just puts the cursor in the existing text box and then messes up the existing text, which I'm trying to avoid.  

3. There's gear icon on the top Left Edit panel and by unchecking the settings of "Show bounding boxes", does not show existing bounding boxes and on hover they appear.  I did try this and the same thing happens, it still recognizes the text box and puts the cursor in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2024 Sep 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Susan, please do share us recording or, screenshot once the issue is observed again. As for us, we're are not able to clearly understand the issue, also have not encountered the issue earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2024 Sep 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning!  I have attached some screenshots.  So, when I select Edit and Add Text, pre-existing boxes pop up in the pdf (1st attachment).  Then, I have to type where it allows me to in the boxes, and it messes up everything - the text gets pushed around and messed up and it is quite a pain to clean that up, and sometimes, it's much worse than what's pictured here (2nd attachment).  In my previous 2017 version, I could choose to add text and add a text box anywhere without any problem - it was wonderful and easy.  In this version, I can only add a new text box outside the existing boxes (3rd attachment) and then move it where I want it to go (4th attachment), which is also a pain, an extra step.  And, no, turning off bounding boxes does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines