• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue opening digital signed PDF

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people, I am sorry to bother you but I've already did my research on this issue and it's been 2 weeks of testing without any solution.

Whenever I open a PDF with Digital Signatures on it, the aplication doesn't crash but hangs "Verifiyng the Signatures" for MINUTES until it opens it, which obviously is absurd, I tried with Foxit and I can do it within 15 seconds, so Adobe Acrobat has an issue.

I know a lot will say "Update, etc etc", forget about it, I alredy tried 3 different versiones, one of 32 Bits offline installer, other 64 Bits downloader from the web, and finally the full "update" of the aplication where you basically install Adobe Creative and from there you get the Adobe Acrobat Pro, with any version, even the latest updated one I have the same issue.

The only "fix" I found was to uncheck "Verify Digital Signatures when opening files", then it opens without issue but that is not "optimal" and as I explained Foxit check it and open it on less than 15 seconds with verification included.

The three times I tested the different versions of Adobe Acrobat I completely removed it, cleaned cache, temp, and registry with Glary Utilities and even with an Adobe Removal Tool I found somewhere to later install the updated/different version and have the same result.

The fun fact is... I can't reproduce it in other machine, so it is not an issue with the documents, neither with the version of the program (that is why also I stopped trying different versions or installation sources).

I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad T480S with 8 GiB DDR4 and CPU Intel Core i5-8250U running Windows 10 Ver 21H2

I have no clue on what to check now, by default it shouldn't be an Acrobat Pro option changed so I am kind of reluctant to start switching a lot of options on the program, and I am not sure if there could be any Windows related driver/configuration messing with the Digital Signature validation, since when unchecked the documents open just fine.

What can I check or get a log from so I post it here and give you more details on the issue? What can I try or sniff when opening the file to get at least a better understanding of what could be malfunctioning? I am clueles as for now, so I pretty much apreciate any advice besides "Update".

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Geriel,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

Could you please confirm if this issue occurs with the Digital Signature you have added to the application or the one created in Acrobat itself?

Would you mind sharing the screen recording of the workflow at your end?

As you have already mentioned, you have tested the same behavior with multiple installs, please share the current version of Acrobat you are using.

We would like to investigate this issue. We will require more information for that.

Let us know if you would like to add something.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines