• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with the Compare PDF tool

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2015.006.30497.  I can compare two unrelated docs, different page numbers etc and get a doc that says no differences found.  Scanning for text only.  Is this a known issue I missed?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the documents contain no text. A scan might be only pictures of pages (which look like text).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both docs have recognizable text, checked that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikeh,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We have tried replicating the issue on our end. However, the compare tool works fine.

Would it be possible to share both the document with us? We would like to check it on our end.

You may share a link to file with the help of the steps mentioned here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Also, share the OS version on the machine.

Please try to update the applicaiton to the latest version.We have recently released an update for Acrobat. Check if that makes any difference.

You may refer to the following help link for more details about the update Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I cannot share the documents as they are client documents from our law firm.  I'll make sure all updates are applied and that no other issues exist that I can find.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recognizable text - but is an actually text. When a document is scanned to PDF from a scanner, its actual an image of the text, and unless some OCR work is done on it, there wont be any text in the document to compare. You can test this by opening the PDF and doing a "Find" and trying to search for text that you know is there.

If that's what you meant, then my apologies and disregard.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as posted in my query below I also experiance the same problem. The document, whit which I am making the compare is also searchable, but this still does not change the outcome (that means: "no differences were found") 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, yeah, sure buddy...... 

lol.png

lol2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attention: This is not a email from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct, it made me laugh though....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have a set of documents, which I have in PDF and I would like to compare them with a newer version of them. The newer versions have been sent to on paper. We made scans out of those. I have used the tool "enchance scans" and got a searchable version of the new version of the docs. However if I try to do the compare, than the result says "No differences were found between documents" as you can see on the screenshot below. After manually checking the two documents there are several changes which should have been found. Please help me, this is a realy frustrating issue. Thank you in forward!Capture2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings does you use at the tool "enchance scans" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, well I was using the wrong ones 😄 I revisited the settings and now it works. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I have OCR'd the different documents and ensured they are searchable. However, when I "Compare" it says there are 0 text changes, yet the whole first page is different. Is there a fix? I really don't want to have to do this by hand, considering there are a ton of legal pleadings I need to compare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you only select that first page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says there are 2 changes, but those are only the headers. It doesn't pick up any of the other changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was happening to me when I was just trying to compare text of two PDFs. Here's what worked for me:
I exported my original docs into a .txt file. Then I exported those into PDFs and compared. It seemed like an extra step, but it was the only thing I could get to work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines