• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Printing

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who uses the fill & sign feature for invoices and everytime she goes to print right after it makes her save first. Is there a way to bypass?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you sign a PDF file, it is not signed, until you save it. I do not see a way around this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I got more information when I called them back to clarify. If they re open a document that had been signed and saved and try to print again it will ask them again to save before printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all PDF files or just with a specific type of files? It sounds like Acrobat is doing something with that file when it gets opened. This can be due to a problem with the file, and Acrobat is trying to fix a simple problem (there is usually a message that pops up, but with modern computers, it's only up for a split second, so it's hard (to impossible) to see. Or, there could be something in the documet that updates a form field when it get opened, and therfore makes the file "dirty" (which means it needs to be saved). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to most of the invoices that get filled and signed. I haven't seen a window come up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would not be a full blown window, it's just a small message box that pops up for a very short time. With slow computers 20 years ago, you could actualy read it, but these days, it's been a while since I've actually seen this pop up. 

What happens when you open the document and close it right away, will you also be prompted to save it? If not, the change to the document could be related to printing: It is possible to add a "document will print" handler to the document that gets executed just before the document is printed. Without access to the document, it is impossible to say what exactly happens when you try to print these documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines