• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jan 2022 Update Cant access files (Security)

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new update today I get an error when trying to browse network location files.  It says can't access the url, security restrictions prohibit access to untrusted URLs.  The issue is, I have 100s of users using this, how do I fix, this was not an issue before today.  Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

This was resolved by configuring these as trusted sites through microsoft.  However, I'm not sure why this update caused the issue when it wasn't present before.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was resolved by configuring these as trusted sites through microsoft.  However, I'm not sure why this update caused the issue when it wasn't present before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branden, could you please share more details on what you did (configuring these as rusted sites through Microsoft) to get past the issue.  We can't seem to find the right setting to get past the problem.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're still having the issue and aren't sure what the options are besides uninstalling Adobe Reader DC and disabling updates. While we don't want to leave updates disabled longterm, we needed to get the staff up and running in their application that calls on the url for file access. Has anyone found any other solutions?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem here too.  Adding our network locations to Internet options or to Acrobat's security settings has not resolved the issue.  Uninstalling / re-installing a prior version resolves it but is not the easiest way to go.  Silly question but does Adobe monitor anything here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - exactly the same error. We use a medical application that creates a report and puts it into a UNC path on a server share on our domain and then when the app opens the pdf this error occurs. We can see the reports getting created because we can see the contents of the share.  Rolling back resolves the issue for us however the stupid auto update from Adobe keeps updating me to the latest and breaking the software again and I have tried disabling auto updates through services, task scheduler and via the registry to no avail (started separate thread about this).

Is anyone from Adobe support following this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our technicians followed the steps in this guide to disable automatic updates in case you are still struggling:

https://www.wintips.org/how-to-disable-automatic-update-in-adobe-reader-dc/

They had task scheduler and the registry up right after installing it so it didn't have time to update.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the article I followed to disable updates on task scheduler/services/registry and the software STILL updated and reversed all of those. The one thing I didn't do as they call a 'bonus' at the bottom of the article is the registry key for disabling check for updates option.  It's not my preference to do this because I actually like to update reader on my schedule not theirs (would just need to reverse that change when I want to update). Thank you for replying though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be curious if anyone from Adobe is aware of this thread. I do application support and we have had a ton of clients calling in who download PDF forms from websites (usually courts). With this Adobe build version:  22.003.20282 they are getting this error repeatedly when trying to take preview actions in their DMS. The only two workarounds I can give them are:

--rollback and disable updates

OR

--manually "unblock" the extra Adobe security on each PDF file downloaded from the website by checking the Unblock checkbox on the file properties

Every firm would prefer to have a way in Adobe settings to manually "unblock" all of their previous downloaded documents as there can be thousands. The blogposts about adding the trusted website in Adobe is not working for them and I cannot advise them to change their Microsoft settings since we do not do their Microsoft machine support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was receiving this same error, however, it was while using the program called ProLaw. There is a Preview tab within this software to allow viewing of the files without needing to open them.

I added the two paths utilized by ProLaw to Adobe under the Security (Enhanced) section. I had to make sure the paths were added as mapped drives first.

I then added the Sharepoint locations to Internet Options>Trusted sites>Sites.

These fixes did nothing to allow the files to be viewed in the preview tab.

After further investigation the issue was only occurring with files not created by ProLaw and then dragged and dropped into ProLaw. I then looked at one of the files that was unable to be previewed and the file was blocked. I unblocked the file. The file was able to be previewed in ProLaw without needing to close and reopen the program. I set a script to run on the server and the two locations to automatically unblock files daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines