• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javadscript to covert text some text fields to Signature box

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using the PDF form wizard to recognize form fields in a PDF. The PDF is several pages long and there are several text fields and Signature fields within the document. The form Wizard is only converting these fields to text fields. Is there a javascript I can use to convert specific text fields to signature blocks or signature fields? I am very new to javascript. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time. 

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, and no. A script in Acrobat can't directly convert form fields from one type to another.

What it can do is delete the old fields and create new ones in their place, using the new field type.

This process can be automated using a script, but the tricky part is identifying which fields to convert.

You can manually specify their names in an array, for example, or you could identify them based on their location on their page, etc.

If you're interested, I've developed a (paid-for) tool that allows you to do all of that quite easily and quickly, without having to write any code yourself. You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-convert-form-fields-type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines