JavaScript to Automate Remove Encryption and Watermark (I have password)

Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my documents have the same password. I send them out for review with a DRAFT watermark and password encryption. When they are returned, I have to unlock and remove the watermark manually. I do this for around 100 documents per day. Adobe doesn't facilitate an Action to automate this process, so I was hoping there was a way to run JavaScript to do so. I'm a JavaScript novice, so looking for something I could pretty much cut and paste. I appreciate any insight you can offer.

TOPICS
JavaScript , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with JS, as it can't un-protect a file, but an Action should be able to do it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, try67. I tried to do this with an Action, but Adobe Pro DC does not allow it. I guess it's just a manual process. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Bernd. I came across that thread a few days ago. The links no longer work and it appears from the last post that Adobe no longer allows decryption in Actions. I'm looking for Javascript that might do the same job. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not possible with Javascript.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines