• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript Tutorials

Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• The Acrobat JavaScript Console (Your best friend for developing Acrobat JavaScript) - The Acrobat JavaScript Console window (a.k.a. the Console window) is one of the tools included in the Acrobat JavaScript Debugger. The Console window is by far the most useful tool in Adobe Acrobat for testing and debugging JavaScript code, but it is more than just a utility for testing code. It can also execute code snippets for automating tasks in Acrobat and analyzing documents. In this article, we’ll cover setting up and using this essential tool.
  • The Global Object in Acrobat JavaScript - There are many different techniques for storing data in a global context. In this article, we’ll explore the official global object in the Acrobat JavaScript model.
  • Dynamic Stamp Secrets - In this tutorial, learn the secrets of creating a successful custom dynamic stamp using Acrobat JavaScript.
  • Getting external data into Acrobat X JavaScript -The Acrobat X SDK boasts only a few updates to the JavaScript model. But overall, these updates are important ones. Acrobat is now using the new JavaScript 1.8 engine. There were some changes to the security model (making it stricter), a useful DOM object was deprecated, new digital-signature functions were added for document certifications and the UI was given a major overhaul (covered in this video, Acrobat X Automation Scripting Changes).
  • Scripting for Actions - To create an Action where the operational parameters are flexible requires scripting, and fortunately, the Actions Command Palette includes a command that runs JavaScript.
  • Watermarking a PDF with JavaScript - This tutorial explains how to watermark (over- or under- laying text and/or images onto a page).
  • Acrobat X Automation Scripting Changes - This video discusses how changes in the Acrobat X User Interface affect automation scripting.
  • How to debug your script - A tutorial that explains how to debug your JavaScript in Acrobat.
  • Using Acrobat JavaScript with Forms - Learn where to enter scripts, how to perform common tasks, the do's and dont's of JavaScript, and scripting that will work in Adobe Reader.
  • Basic Acroforms Toolset – Create Field Validations and Date Pickers Without Writing Code - Jim Healy, founder of FormRouter Inc., has provided a video and free toolset to help you build better forms using Acrobat 7, 8 or 9.
  • How to save a PDF with Acrobat JavaScript - Being able to save a file to disk is a critical activity for Acrobat workflow automation, and fortunately, there are a couple ways to do this from a script.
  • Conditional Execution - One of the most important features of any programming language--including JavaScript--is the ability to make decisions, called Conditional Execution.
  • Scripting for Adobe Reader - Thom Parker explores the various restrictions of Adobe Reader scripting, and methods for testing and debugging code directly in the Reader environment.
  • How to Make a Toggle Button - Thom Parker explains that regardless of the forms technology, AcroForms or LiveCycle, the technique for creating a Toggle Button is identical. Only the technology-specific details are different.
  • Scripting PDF: Inside the Acrobat JavaScript SDK - In this presentation from MAX 2009, Thom Parker, president of WindJack Solutions, talks about scripting in Acrobat and PDF.
  • Why doesn’t my script work? - That’s a very good question, and one commonly asked in various user forums. Usually this statement is followed by 'I copied the code exactly,' or 'I changed something and then it broke.' Unfortunately, this is a fact of scripting. Sometimes things just don’t work. So what do you do? When scripts break, it’s time to step back and figure out what’s wrong.
  • Custom document search using JavaScript - As Thom Parker explains, the search engine in Acrobat is almost completely controllable from Acrobat JavaScript, so you can build advanced search features into your own documents or document sets.
  • Importing and exporting PDF file attachments with Acrobat JavaScript - A PDF file has the ability to encapsulate other file types, such as a '.zip' file. The user can quite literally drag and drop files in and out of a PDF. This ability to attach files is the basis for several other features in Acrobat, most notably "Packages" in Acrobat 8, "Portfolios" in Acrobat 9 and "Data Collection" files.
  • Text matching with regular expressions - Thom Parker says that practically every computer language in use today provides support for using regular expressions, and he provides an introduction to using them in Acrobat JavaScript.
  • Entering scripts into a Link Action - Thom Parker says the link object is intended to provide a kind of hyperlink capability for Acrobat, and can also be used to run a JavaScript.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Initially, all I wanted was a format for reports Adobe products deliver.  I don't program, or write code, and have just started to understand Java, and Flash.

I won't make any comments, because I have to understand the basics, and build from there.

I will say that just finding my files to begin with, has been an ardous task.

Yours,

Demeter2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines