Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jump to specific point in a PDF rather than top of the page

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am creating links to point to specfic sections on a page. I was able to do this sucessfully however when I click the link, although it takes me to the correct point on the page it changes the zoom to whatever rate it was previously on which I do not want (in other words I'd like the zoom level to be determined by the individuals zoom level selection). 

I have tried editing the link and changing the zoom level to "Inherit Zoom" however this fixes the zoom issue but creates a new issue in that when I now click on the link it is taking me to the top of the page rather than to the specific section within that page (which is not always at the top of the page)  

I have trawled the internet looked at many videos, forums etc tried many diffrent things but nothing works and clicking my link always takes me to the beginning of that page not to the specific section.

Any help would be greatly apreciated as I am at a complete loss now.

Many thanks Geoff

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem like it's possible to do that with Acrobat. When you change the zoom setting to Inherit Zoom it resets the X and Y coordinates to the top left corner of that page, even though that's not necessary.

However, it is possible to do it using an external tool, which only changes the zoom setting, and nothing else. For example, this (paid-for) tool I've developed will do it: https://www.try67.com/tool/batch-edit-links-zoom-level

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@try67 Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately due to my companies policy, I am not permitted to run any external software/editing tools etc.

I do however find it strange that there isn't a way of doing this using Acrobat Pro DC (without the need for external plug ins/tools etc) and even stranger that it would choose to reset the X & Y cordinates to the top of the page even though it does not appear necessary.  I'm sure there must be lots of other users who when creating links, would want the option to be able to navigate to specific points of a form in their chosen view without having to use a predetermined zoom level that may not suit everyones needs.   

Many thanks again for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines