• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lack of Quick Print

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be so complicated about, or a problem with, one single toolbar button to immediately print a currently open PDF to the default printer with the default (or last-used) settings ?

So simple, and implemented in practically every other app I use !

The normal print dialogue is fine, but in many circumstances totally unnecessary for what I (and many/most) others might want occasionally, or even often.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a script for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you have to do is:

"CRTL + P" and "Enter"  (CMD + P  on Mac)

It's faster than clicking on any icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that does is bring up the Print window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"All that does is bring up the Print window."

No, you should try it.

CTRL + P :  brings up the print window.

Enter : validates and closes the print window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, have purchased your two JS some time ago.

Looking for some way I can put them on the regular toolbar, rather than on the separate Add-On Tools which takes up a little extra screen real-estate. OK, a bit picky, but I am primarily looking at electronics diagrams and value as much space as I can get with  comfortable magnification.

Ideally I would like a 'regular toolbar' icon with a drop-down selection of  Print (all), Print this Page, Print Current View, and Print Selection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you can't add toolbar items in Reader. It is possible in Acrobat, though.

What can be added in Reader are Add-On Tools to the right-hand panel, or menu items.

I could create for you a script that will add a new menu item under File with those options, if you wish. Contact me privately to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@geoffwood1 wrote:

Ideally I would like a 'regular toolbar' icon with a drop-down selection of  Print (all), Print this Page, Print Current View, and Print Selection

If you multiple-select the pages in the Pages panel first, then Ctrl+P (or File > Print), Acrobat defaults to printing your selected pages.

• Use Shift to select contiguous pages
  • Use Ctrl to select non-contiguous pages

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines