• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lagging fields in a form

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know the heirarchy of the processing the fields on a form. When you enter data in a form and move to another field, are all fields updated? In what order? If there is a Javascript for a field, is it called only when you enter data for that field, or is it called when all fields are updated? Does moving the tabing order of the fields on the right-hand side affect the processing order? How can I refresh the form when I'm entering data? 

The problem I have are some totaling fields which should update when I enter or change numbers in a field. But the update lags behind.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any book recommendations for advanced features of DC Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's determined by the Fields Calculation Order, which can be manually changed via Tools - Prepare Form - More - Set Fields Calculation Order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took a couple of iterations of arranging the fields until it worked consistantly. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change the field calculation order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines