Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Large Adobe Temp Files, no clue whats causing it.

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple computers at work that only use adobe to read pdfs but the temp files located C:/ProgramData/Adobe/Temp are extremely large. My PC is sitting at 128gigs, inside the folder are lots of folders with numbers, inside those folders are config.bin and installer.bin. What do I need to do to stop this from constantly filling or generating. It happens in the middle of the night when people arent using it, or when I am doing other stuff, I noticed thats today 3 folders were created at 1:57pm and 3 folders at 1:45pm which, at those times I was desiging in Solidworks. Any help? Some computers have small hard drives so we need to delete this folder often.

defaults2qk3fmxtp43_0-1631644600289.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ill add that each folder is 168mb.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Acrobat the only Adobe application on those computers?  My Adobe folder has subfolders with the names of other Adobe applications to keep them organized.

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC and Adobe Creative Cloud.

DeltaCAD_0-1631645557859.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting - My folder sturcture is very different - Windows 10 64 bit, and a Creative Cloud subscription on board.  Perhaps someone from Adobe can chime in on this.  Good luck!

adobe_temp.png

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines