Large PDF file with lots of comments crash shortly after opening

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large pdf with plans and comments for various parts of the project. After I initially open it, it loads fine. But then it hangs after loading the comments. And then I can scroll through normally for a few minutes. And then it crashes the application. This is horrendous. I've looked up various troubleshooting topics related to this but none of them have helped. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me move this to the Acrobat forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

Please add a comment with the following information:

• Acrobat version
  • OS and version
  • RAM
  • Size of file

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines