• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large PDF Slow Comments

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the comment feature excessively in PDFs to comment on drawings. I regularly work with 500+ page documents.

I have a PDF that started as a 20mb file. I'm still not done annotating it and there are currently ~1300 comments. The PDF started out fast but now it is basically unusable it's so slow. It takes 15 minutes just to load all the comments, and all actions are extremely delayed now. The file size is now up to 40mb, so it's basically doubled due to what I've added.

Have I just reached the limitations of what Adobe can handle? I do not believe my hardware is the issue as I have a high performance laptop that runs software like AutoCAD which is very resource intensive and I have no issues. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.   You may try to uncheck the option 'Use page cache' and see if that works for you. Go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display > Under rendering, uncheck 'use page cache' > Click OK and reboot the application.

As, the file contains 1300+ comments, the application will eventually be slow to load the comments and other operations.

If it's a file-specific issue there isn't much that can be done.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal. Thank you for the reply. I have had this experience on other documents. There was a seperate issue with AutoCAD PDFs that would cause text to be converted to comments that I fixed, and when this happened there were over 2000 comments and Adobe would just crash.

The suggestion you made did help. It is still slow but now it is usable. I guess I will just have to either reduce the comment usage or find an alternative for the larger files. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Brandon,
In this post you mentioned "There was a seperate issue with AutoCAD PDFs that would cause text to be converted to comments that I fixed"... Could you explain how you prevented the text from becoming comments?

Thank you and best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines