Exit

Latest version of Acrobat DC bookmarks will not save after latest update

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running a Mac OS 10.14.2 (latest)

Using Adobe Creative Suites.

In Acrobat DC, running the latest updates, whenever I create bookmarks and quit - they disappear.

Every...Time.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Hi dsafian,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when creating bookmarks after installing the update, is that correct?

Make sure you are saving the changes after creating the bookmarks. Also,  try reboot the machine once if you haven't already and check if that helps. If that doesn't work, try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.  reboot the machine after resetting preferences and tr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dsafian,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when creating bookmarks after installing the update, is that correct?

Make sure you are saving the changes after creating the bookmarks. Also,  try reboot the machine once if you haven't already and check if that helps. If that doesn't work, try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.  reboot the machine after resetting preferences and try again.

I tried replicating the issue on mac machine (10.14.2) with acrobat dc version 2019.010.20064 but the issue was not reproducible.

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this with Acrobat Pro DC 2021.011.20039 on Mac OS 10.15.7.  Created a 100 page PDF, saved it.  Added 30 bookmarks, including some pages with 2-3 bookmarks.  Saved after every updated page.  Machine is Mac Mini 6-core i5 with 64 GB RAM and 128GB free space on the hard drive. 

NOT ONE OF THE BOOKMARKS WAS SAVED!  And then Acrobat CRASHED on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this is not the solution and should not be marked as the "correct answer".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also looks like we can't edit our reply here on the forum!!! .... For me (win. 10) the bookmark option is not even shown!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After merging PDFs into one file we noticed an issue with saving bookmarks. The first bookmark would save but any after that would not save for several attempts. I'd create a bookmark and would have to try saving 5 or 6 times before it would save. By luck, I noticed if i use the Redact tool (even if I just redacted one small square anywhere on the document), applied the change and saved.... the document would then save bookmarks EVERYTIME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I'm facing the same issue. I'm using Acrobat Pro in MacOS Monterrey. 

Steps to reproduce my error:

1. Create book mark.

2. Save pdf.

3. Quit pdf.

4.  Re-open pdf.

5. Open bookmarks panel (and no bookmarks will be present even though I had saved them!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue but with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced the problem when I added an extra sub-bookmark into a parent bookmark. The updated sub-bookmarks could not be saved. There might be a conflict between bookmarks at two levels.

So I deleted the parent bookmark and reset both the parent bookmark and sub-bookmark. Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines