• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Letter of ö instead of o

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to write a word with letter of o and the software correct it to ö every time. Even if I copy the o letter from other word the result is the same. Is there any solution for it?

Thank You in advance!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++ EDITED REPLY, fixed some typos and context

You must employ a script. And based on what you are trying to achieve it may not be an easy task.

For example, you're asking to replace a regular letter "o" with Umlaut letters (or vowels with dieresis). In which case, you're only asking for that one vowel.

But what about all the other vowels.

And most important, are you also considering if it matters if the letter is in  upper or lower case?

See this tutorial by ACP Thom Parker on how to use JavaScript to match regular expressions and replace that match with something else.

NOTE: As mentioned, although is possible to do a quick script to just replace an "o" for an Umlaut letter, this may become a much more complicated task with JavaScript if you're a beginner (such as myself) or know nothing about how Acrobat JavaScript works.

Such would be the case if the action that you are inquiring about would be used as a global function in that document that will execute the matching of a desired regular expression and based on the input of any given text field rather than running a script on each field individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines