Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limitations on Dropdown lists

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!!!

I'm trying to make a checkoff list with a large number of spaces, using a dropdown list for each item. Trying to make it so I can select a name for an employee assigned to each task, and want each employee to only be selectable one time. Is there any way to create a pool of names, and have it set so each name can be selected one time, then become unavailable, so long as it is showing in one of the dropdowns? Am struggling to figure this one out.. Thank you in advance!!!!

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am not sure to understand exactly what you want and what you mean by "a large number of spaces".
In the attached example you can select each item of a dropdown menu only once.
Is it your need? let me know.
@+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, apologies for not being as clear as I should have been! Am attaching a screenshot of my form; in each location I'd like to be able to select a name from a list, or pool, of names. For instance, if I select "Alan" in space 7, I'd like for that name to not be selectable in any of the other places. Ideally, the list or pool would be on another level of the form and not visible to users.

alanb92213668_0-1622568053247.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file I provided should suit you.
Let me know.
@+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right, thank you!!! much appreciated 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines