• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

line weights when exporting from other adobe programs

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting pdf files from Adobe programs such as XD, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, the line weights become much larger (and/or colors become darker). How do I fix this so that the pdf actually resembles the design created?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure about that? Are you viewing on screen, or are you printing? The screen viewing sometimes trades speed vs accuracy. You need to magnify what you see on screen to get an accurate view.

All in all, Acrobat is accurate with the colours and shows whatever is in the PDF as designed. I never had the troubles you describe. I had differences on different computers, but that was due to different settings on those computers.

How do you create your PDF files? Print or export?

Maybe you should post an example file (Illustrator and the corresponding PDF).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an Acrobat (and Reader) page display preference to "Enhance thin lines" which could explain the problem, how does the pdf look in a different pdf viewer? Are you converting the pdf to an image at any point?

enhance thin lines.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines