• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link annotations contents attribute

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do an accessibility check of a PDF file in my Acrobat Pro DC, I get that everything passes (except for the usual check reading order and contrast). However when I run through another checker such as Commonlook Validator I get the message: Link Annotation (it is a email address), doesn't define the contents attribute. How/where do I correct this issue in Acrobat?

Donna D

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Link annotations do require a Contents attribute for PDF/UA compliance. It's a bit of a bear to do manually but you can run the Preflight Fix-Up in Acrobat to add this attribute, then go back in and adjust it if desired. The Fix-Up is called "Create Content Entry for Link Annotation".

2021-05-18_07-36-52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link Annotations do not have a Contents attribute, as far as I can see in the PDF ISO spec (version 32000-1:2008, section 12.5.6.5). Ask them what they mean by it, exactly. Maybe they got confused with Line annotations...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It comes up when you run a check in Commonlook Validator under Accessibility - WCAG 2.1 AA. It says:

Checkpoint: Guideline 1.1 Provide text alternatives for all non-text content 

Test: Alternative Representation for Links

Results: Warning

Description: Link Annotation doesn't define the contents attribute.

The link is an email address for example donna@blahblah.com It does not have an underline underneath it so it just appears as text. I do have an alternate attribute for the link. 

I appreciate your reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link annotations do require a Contents attribute for PDF/UA compliance. It's a bit of a bear to do manually but you can run the Preflight Fix-Up in Acrobat to add this attribute, then go back in and adjust it if desired. The Fix-Up is called "Create Content Entry for Link Annotation".

2021-05-18_07-36-52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about for pcs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean Windows computers? It works exactly the same on both platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping to use this soltion myself, however when I open Pre-Flight I don't see the "Create Content Entry for Link Annotation" as an option. Does anyone know if it can be added? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines