• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to a video attachment

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I used the attachments feature in Adobe Acrobat Pro to attach a video (.mov or .mp4) as an attachment within the PDF. I then use the Edit > Add Link feature to set a page view, so when I click on a particular word in the PDF, it opens the desired attachment (in this case, the video). I confirmed that when I click on the video directly, the media player opens and plays the video. I also confirmed that when I click on the word I set the link/page view for, it opens the media player and plays the video. However, when I send the PDF to my coworkers, who are using Adobe Acrobat Pro or Adobe Acrobat Reader (desktop versions not online versions), when they click on the linked word, nothing happens, but they are able to click on the video attachment directly and it will open the media player and play the video. Does anyone know why the link is not working to open the video attachment? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that the link points to your attachement and not a local asset on your disk?

It may be a setting in the preferences of the target users!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply - it's greatly appreciated! I know there is an option to add a video via choosing a file on the local disk or using a hyperlink to an external digital storage like SharePoint, but I chose neither. Instead, I uploaded the video as an attachment within PDF so the video is housed within the PDF itself. Setting a page view works for all the attachments I've tried of other file types except for video files. I am thinking maybe Adobe is unable to open the video player? But I don't know what the solution is to that. I'm grateful for any advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines