• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking Text Boxes in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please - I am very new to this .... I have a performance review form. In Field 1 are the ratings (1-5). I would like the definition text box below it to auto fill with verbiage based on the the number they pick ... if they choose Excellent then wording will auto populate in text box. I have the definitions on a separate page - and would love to have them link versus writing it all out. 

Example - page 1 - Field 1 they select excellent and Field 2 automatically fills with text filed 4 from page 4. Is there a way to do this?

TOPICS
JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want the user to be able to overwrite or edit this text, or should it only be determined based on their selection in the first field? Also, what kind of field is it? A drop-down? A radio-button group? Something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the user should not be able to edit or overwrite. They are drop downs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see which field you want to use as the target for the text... The comments fields at the bottom of page 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - so when user selects an assessment in Field 1 - the text box under it would auto populate with the corressponding box on page 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But there's no text field there... You just added static text. Also, the description texts are not a part of a field, which means they can't be copied directly, and have to be hard-coded into the script, which is not ideal.

Your next steps should be:

- Add the text fields for the descriptions under each drop-down (make sure to give them meaningful names that match those of the drop-down fields they correspond to).

- Add (read-only) text fields to hold the descriptions on page 2, again with meaningful names.

Once you've done that post the file again and then we could proceed with the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines