• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking Textboxes in Adobe Acrobat To Change When Text Changes

New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working with some sales forms who share certain information across all PDF pages. For example, in my first bill of sale form, I will have a text box for Vin, the year, make, model of the car, and the date. Is there a way to link the text boxes so to say so that when I edit the vin on the first page, it will automatically change the vin to match that on page 2 and 3 even though the layouts of the pages are different. So the first page is a bill of sale, but page 2 is a different layout for legal speak, and page 3 is even more legal stuff. I dont want to have to copy and paste the vin, date, year, make, model 3 times across all pages and was wondering if there was a way to link it so to speak? 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ryleyd58075366 ,

Assuming that these three documents are combined together in a single PDF document, the solution is as simple as assigning the same field name to all the desired text fields across the PDF form (on each page).

For example, if the text field name for the date field on Page 1 is "Date", rename the date fields on page 2 and 3 respectively to "Date" .

Do the same for the Vin, the year, make, and model of the car text fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ls_rbls - would you be able to link a video tutorial or specific steps on how to do this? I guess I am struggling linking the different pages to change based off what is entered on page 1. 

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines