• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lock specific paragraph in Acrobat?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a way to lock a specific paragraph in an Acrobat doc from being edited by someone but they can still fill in other fields and dropdowns?

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this paragraph in a text field? If so, you can set it as read-only. If it's not, there's nothing you can do to lock it on its own. You can apply a security policy to prevent the general editing of the file (while allowing the user to still fill in form fields).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67, how would I do that? When I add security settings it applies it to the whole document.  The section "Copy goes here is what I don't want altered. Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.54.56 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a form text field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Bernd. So if my goal is to not have someone alter the copy, it needs to be in a "form text field" and not a "regular text field"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines