Exit

LogTransport2.exe Error on closing the computer

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error whern shutting down Windows 10:

LogTransport2.exe

The application was unable to start properly. (0xc0000142). Click OK to close this application.

I am running the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC (2020.009.20074).

What's annoying is that I my computer will not go into sleep mode. If I close lid on my laptop or manually select Shut Down|Sleep, the computer does nto go into sleep mode. If I uninstall DC, I don't have this issue. But I need DC every day for work.

I have seen the other posts on this forum about the same problem. I have tried all the fixes. Nothing works and the problem keeps coming back. I have uninstalled and reinstalled DC, changed the optin to 0 in the registry, changed the permisisons on the registry key, tried a DC repair. I installed the hotfix on this page, https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousmay2020qfe2... which seemed to work for about a week and the problem came back.

Is there any solution to this problem?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

This helped for me. I hope this can be of use for you.

Link to solutioin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rickmeister

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the erorr '

LogTransport2.exe

The application was unable to start properly. (0xc0000142). Click OK to close this application' While shutting down Windows 10

As mentioned above, You tried changing the option to 0 in the registry, changed the permisisons on the registry key and the issue still persists. In some cases, the Registry Value of the DWORD option automatically changes to 1 which further leads to LogTransport2.exe Error 0xc0000142.

Please change Registry permissions to stop changing the value back to 1 as follows:

1. On the Registry Editor, navigate to this path

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\CommonFiles\UsageCC

•  

2. Execute a right-click on UsageCC and choose Permissions.

Capture.PNG

3. In the Permissions wizard, click on Advanced button.

4. Click Disable inheritance on the following window and hit OK.

Capture.PNG

5. Again in the Properties wizard, select System and click Remove. Click Apply and OK to save these changes and restart the device.

Capture.PNG

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal. I have done all this and it does not resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

There is another step that is missing in your instructions for me should I:

Convert inherited permissions into explicit permissions on this object

or

Remove all inherited permissions from this object

I've done all the messing with the register performed the "fixes" to no avail.  I'd also like to add to my fellow LogTransport Sufferer brethern, that along with the above issue once this issue is triggered, which is during heavy work on my PC with a .pdf open mouse operations become jittery, typing is extremely painful and the general speed of my PC drops.  All because of this LogTransport error.  This is a big problem.  Have you been able to replicate the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past 4 months I've been fighing my mouse. Random double clicks, drag'n'drop interruptions causing uncontrollable selects, moves, overwrites and deletes. Entire code or text re-arrangements at the slightest hint of a mouse move. Tried multiple mouse replacements, reconfigurations, system adjustments and seriously considered learning ALL the keyboard shortcuts to avoid using the mouse...
And it get fixed by following the instructions herein.

Thank you - if you hadn't mentioned the jittery mouse problems you were encountering I'd still be trying to fix windows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I experienced that too.. For months!

Your comments make me realized that mouse problems are related to logtransport2.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now I wish I hadn't bought the expensive Adobe product. It is ridiculous and amateurish that I should be expected to correct Adobe's mistakes. We are CUSTOMERS here, and I will certainly not be tampering with my computer's settings in the way Adobe suggest. I expect your software to work properly, so YOU should fix it. I've just downloaded this a year after other unfortunate customers were complaining about this exact same problem. It's not fit for market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with you, it is a poor product and I'm about to delete it and cancel subscription due the the conflicts happening. It was installed on a brand new Dell xps a caused a crash meaning a long process to reinstall the whole system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add: Chose the explicit version at Step 4

Thanks, for great advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, the solution from Adobe is to edit the registry, instead of fixing their own software? This bug is years old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am subscribed to Adobe Creative suite and have the same LogTransport2.exe shutdown problem that everyone has been complaining about here for a long time.  I now have 2 PCs with the same problem.  Everytime I shut down, they ding with an error and the message pops up.
This EXPENSIVE software subscription should not have this problem or worse... this tremendous delay in addressing it.  I am to the point of uninstalling this software from all my PCs and using Google instead.

None of the solutions posted here as of today WORK at all, I've tried them all !!!
Adobe, c'mon and get your crap together already !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not agree with you more! It's shameful that Adobe does not have a fix for this issue. In my case, it prevents my laptop from going into sleep mode which is a huge nuissance. Every time that happens, I shut down and get the error. Sometimes, I don't get the error. I can't seem to find any pattern or what induces this issue. I also changed my laptop recently and have the exact same issue on a brand new PC. I've applied thier "fix", uninstalled/reinstalled Acrobat DC...Nothing seems to resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called support about this problem and they say they have never herd of logtransport 2 errors.   This is so frustrating.    Does anyone have a good alternative to using Adobe. laptop@entrekc.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surporised they say thay have never heard of this problem,  many of us have tried to get support from them, I even had a 2 hour session with them remotely logged in to my machine in 2021 and no success.

I tried all aother suggested solutions none of which worked for me.  I finally deleted the free acrobat reader and kept only the paid version - no more error now for around 5 months.

(Previously had this error repeatedly on a windows 7 laptop with various paid versions of Acrobat 8-11 I think, and again on my current Win10 laptop with acrobat DC).   But no error now for 5 months or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I genuinely do not expect to have this kind of problem when paying an expensive monthly subscription! (Especially on the most common platform). Adobe should fix this and issue an automatic update. (or go home).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winston,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please try creating a Registry Key  as described below and see if that helps:

1. Search for Regedit keyword in Windows Search.

2. Go to the following path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\CommonFiles\UsageCC\(user GUID).

The GUID is a unique value the application assigns to the signed in user.

3. On the Right Side Panel, create DWORD Key "optin", if it is not already created.

4. Set its value to 0 (zero).

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been there, done that.

This does nothing to resolve the issue.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing that reg key seems to fix the problem shortly.  The key value changes after a few days into 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly right. It's not a permanent fix. It appears that there is simply no solution to this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response and thank you for sharing your observation with the reg key settings.

To help prevent a value changing, in Regedit:

• First, export the key, or better, back up the Registry lest something go amiss.
  • Change the value of the registry key, as desired.
  • Then, Right-click on the key containing the value.
  • Click on Permissions.
  • Click the Advanced button.
  • Change Owner to yourself.and check if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ahve the same error that slows my computer to a crawl.. adobe fix your bugs!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does nothing to resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I also echo everyone's sentiment about having to deal with the hassle of a pretty major, long-standing bug for the amount of money we're paying to use these products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct. this works for about a day or so. this is not a permenant fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I created a short PowerShell script to change optin to 0, each time user logins. In Task Scheduler just set it to run on log in, add 4-5 secs of delay and you can forget about the error.

if ((Get-ItemProperty "HKCU:\Software\Adobe\CommonFiles\UsageCC\5E955FCB62F16DD30A495F99@AdobeID").optin -eq 1) {

Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\Adobe\CommonFiles\UsageCC\5E955FCB62F16DD30A495F99@AdobeID" -Name "optin" -Value 0

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines