Exit

LogTransport2.exe Error on closing the computer

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error whern shutting down Windows 10:

LogTransport2.exe

The application was unable to start properly. (0xc0000142). Click OK to close this application.

I am running the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC (2020.009.20074).

What's annoying is that I my computer will not go into sleep mode. If I close lid on my laptop or manually select Shut Down|Sleep, the computer does nto go into sleep mode. If I uninstall DC, I don't have this issue. But I need DC every day for work.

I have seen the other posts on this forum about the same problem. I have tried all the fixes. Nothing works and the problem keeps coming back. I have uninstalled and reinstalled DC, changed the optin to 0 in the registry, changed the permisisons on the registry key, tried a DC repair. I installed the hotfix on this page, https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousmay2020qfe2... which seemed to work for about a week and the problem came back.

Is there any solution to this problem?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

This helped for me. I hope this can be of use for you.

Link to solutioin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me:

Fix Logtransport2 Error on Shutdown in Windows 10 - TeckLyfe

After making the prescribed change, the issue has not appeared in other computers using my Adobe account and profile.
It's too bad that Adobe hasn't  prominently published the solution to this problem and we have to resort to the smarter people at the link provided ... 😖

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
the solution of the link does't work after the last update of windows 10! 

😞

stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We ran into this same issue at work. We tried all the solutions in this post and we ended up uninstalling the free version of Adobe Reader and that got rid of the Transport error. 

Seems that the free version interfere's with the paid version of Adobe causing this error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

with the solution at the link
https://www.tecklyfe.com/fix-logtransport2-error-on-shutdown-in-windows-10/
should the two boxes be checked or unchecked?

tks

stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this error when using Windows 7  and stand-alone adobe installations of Acrobat Pro, versons IX, X. XI.

I moved to Windows 10 on a new laptop,  now using Acrobat DC and STILL get the error.

Tried almost every "solution"  suggested and still cannot get rid of it.

It is while since I tried,  so I will give it ago again later today with suggestions in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on the link in the "1 Correct answer," you are connected to an unsafe website. My virus scan software kicked in. ADOBE PLEASE check this and delete the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user getting this error, but when he goes to the Privacy website, he only has the Connected Apps section and none of the others.  Any idea why he'd only see one section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so ive been on here before and thought I would update this error issue. I have also had adobe login to my PC and change the registry settings. which didnt work after a few days.

Ive just logged out of adobe account.  uninstalled the whole suite from my windows 10 64 bit PC

i did notice that there was 32 bit installed. not sure if that made an issue.

anyway after uninstalling and logging back into adobe creative suite and redownloading adobe acrobat dc though my adobe account, I dont have this log transport popup anymore.

it installed 64 bit also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to Fix LogTransport2.exe Application Error in Windows
Repair the Installation.
Update Acrobat Reader
Disabling Machine Learning, Desktop, and App Usage.
Modify the Permissions via Windows Registry. 
Try Using CleanMyPC. 
Reinstall the Software.

This May Help,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have found a solution that works.

After trying this steps:

- Repair the Installation.
- Update Acrobat Reader
- Disabling Machine Learning, Desktop, and App Usage.
- Modify the Permissions via Windows Registry.
Then i tried this steps and then the problem was gone:

Go into the task manager and there into the "Autostart" area. Deactivate the AcroTray.exe entry there.
Additionally go to the file path of AcroTray.exe and rename the file to AcroTray_bak.exe.
Terminate the running file as a background process via Taskmanager.

After that there were no more error messages.

I hope this helps for more than 2 weeks 😉

Check this out and post if it works for you.

Cu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much !! You are definatly a legend.

Cheers

Ame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines