We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the erorr '
The application was unable to start properly. (0xc0000142). Click OK to close this application' While shutting down Windows 10
As mentioned above, You tried changing the option to 0 in the registry, changed the permisisons on the registry key and the issue still persists. In some cases, the Registry Value of the DWORD option automatically changes to 1 which further leads to LogTransport2.exe Error 0xc0000142.
Please change Registry permissions to stop changing the value back to 1 as follows:
1. On the Registry Editor, navigate to this path
2. Execute a right-click on UsageCC and choose Permissions.
3. In the Permissions wizard, click on Advanced button.
4. Click Disable inheritance on the following window and hit OK.
5. Again in the Properties wizard, select System and click Remove. Click Apply and OK to save these changes and restart the device.
Let us know how it goes