• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing letter Ö in swedish accessible pdf documents and a side note about bullet lists changing to Ł

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When doing Swedish PDF documents accessible with "auto tag" in acrobat reader, we lose the letter Ö in the tags.

It remains on the page but simply disappear in contents and tags. It also removes the spacing close to the ö.. Seems to be different results between different typefaces as well. This issue can also occure when making bookmarks, the letter ö disappears. But not always... a bit tricky this 🙂

A document made from indesign, word etc. and exported correctly does'nt have this issue (i.e. we don't need to use the auto tag function) but in those cases that we don't have the control of the original document or the exporting of the file, this is quite a big issue if the PDF document needs to be acessible and its a lot of pages (like a book/dissertation etc.). Then we manually have to tag the whole document because the ö and spacing does'nt disappear when doing it manually in acrobat.

Side note: I discovered that bullet lists (the dots in bullet lists) is changed to Ł in the whole document when you have a table of contents that uses the "Right Indent Tab" in indesign. Don't know how this is translated into the pdf-document but when I've changed the "Right Indent Tab" to a normal tab the issue with Ł disappeared. Hours of pulling my hair... haha 😄

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Fare,

I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for your experience with Acrobat.

The issue that you are referring to is with a particular file or with all the files with a Swedish?

Also, can you please share a sample file so that we can try and reproduce the same at our end?

Would you mind sharing a few details as well:

1. The Operating System you are using and its version [ Windows / Mac ]

2. The version number of Acrobat you are using.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines