• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing my edits within my pdfs...

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been paying for this service monthly and I often find myself asking why? After support maybe a year ago on a live monitionring screen I addressed my problem and we tried many things but everything seemed to work 100% for the tech people. I cannot make this error happen on command it is so randum. So back at it agin I have now lost 4 pages of a job application. It seems as if I do any edits and write about 2 or more lines it will cut out half of my editied text or it will cut line 2 and 4 and leave 1 and 3... Can someone please help me? I have tried everything but throwing this computer out the window.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JBrewster

We are sorry for the trouble. As described above, you are losing the edits within the pdfs

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC installed?  To check the version of the application please use the link here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html
Make sure you have the latest version 19.21.20061 installed. Go to Help > Check doe Updates. You may also download the patch manually using the link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? If its a file specific issue please share the file with us via private message for testing. Click on the message icon on the top right corner of the screen to start the private message.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for the reply! I’m sure I have neglected to update the software as I was unaware there was any updates available. I only bought it for this application and I have not used it with any other PDFs with issues. I am not able to check any of the rest at the moment but soon as I can I will post back my results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JBrewster

Thanks for the update.

Keep us posted with your observation we are here for help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software is already updated to its current version automatticly (19.021.20061).

I honestly prfer if I not send this application over. It has extremly sensitive iformation on it and I do not have a blank copy.

The pdf is 39 pages long and now it seems I have determined when my edits dissapear. It happens to only be on the last 4 pages and I have treated the whole document the same all the way through. In edit mode I can fill out everything I need, once I close edit mode to get an overview everything is fine. Once I (see a mistake), reopen edit mode or fill and sign is when things start to disaper. I have also ran into the issue where some of my editied text has became inbedded in the page and I cannot enhance the scans or use the readable text to retrive it. I am completly stuck on this option because I cannot get the embedded text out from between my (fill in the blank) lines. I would als say that this application is a copy of a copy of a copy before it was uploaded and I wish the company would allow someone to create a new application for them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Try making several copies of the original file then extract the last four pages in which you are facing the issue
then try editing them and check. 

As it seems to be the file specific issue could you please share the screen recording of the issue and the PDF file for testing via private message. Please click on the message icon on the top right corner of the screen to start the private message with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue often! 

It's really annoying and I don't know what causes it. I will be editing a file and would have saved the original draft to my cloud. I have autosave every 1 minute enabled. If my computer crashes/ goes into some failed state only sometimes, very rarely does it actually give me the "your documents were recovered" message. Last week I had this issue on a 11 page document I was marking up. I checked the version history and it says that there are no versions (in fact apparently none of my documents have versions) and though I know for a fact I'd comprehensively edited it last Monday (10 July 2022) the only timestamp it shows is 08 July 2022 which was the original draft before my edits. Everything I'd done has been lost and I have to start from scratch. I'd love to claim that this is the first time but that's not the case and it's been a painful issue over the last few years. It's intermittent but often enough to be a problem.  

I've checked the .temp folders and online version, tried creating copies but nothing has worked to get back my edits. I'm honestly considering another supplier as this greatly affects my productivity and is really embarrasing to explain to my colleagues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. If you have uploaded the file to the document cloud, you may check for the file under the documents tab here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/windows-application-to-adobe-acrobat-pro-dc-print... 

Also please collect the crash logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and the procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines