Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing the preview pane capability

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use windows 10 pro and also adobe pro dc.

I love the preview pane feature in file explorer.

Somehow, the view of the pdf files is disabled inexplicably and out of nowhere even thoung preview pane is on.

This situtiation can only be fixed if I reboot the computer.

Any reason why this is happening and how can I prevent it from happening again?

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a screenshot?

Is tgis happening every time you open a PDF file or with just one particular document?

When you open just the Adobe Acrobat program (no documents), do you also get the same issue?

If Acrobat was working fine before, can you tell if this started happening after the last update of May 2021?

And what happens if you click Help --->>> Repair Installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not reply directly to your email so here are the responses in red. Your email that I responses to bounced back.

Can you provide a screenshot? I cannot as there is nothing to provide. You can see the list of the files. You can open them but you cannot preview them – as I stated before this happen every so often but happens. Just stops the preview of the pdf files

Is tgis happening every time you open a PDF file or with just one particular document? Neither. It works for a while and then suddenly it stops out of blue showing the preview – again nothing changes. I am in the same folder in file explorer and suddenly the preview is gone.

When you open just the Adobe Acrobat program (no documents), do you also get the same issue? Not sure what you mean here. I just preview i.e. click on the file name in file explorer to preview what is in the pdf file without opening it.

If Acrobat was working fine before, can you tell if this started happening after the last update of May 2021? It was happening long before the update, just decided to ask if any solution

And what happens if you click Help --->>> Repair Installation? Do not know what this is and I do not believe it is a repair issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No responses yet nor any issues resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like it might be a Windows issue.  Do you have the latest updates installed for Windows?  Do you have the Preview Panel visible, but it is blank for PDFs?  Mine is previewing them properly, for what it's worth.

Check for updates, and give it a try again.  maybe an update will do the trick?

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new account user profile, and see if this happens in that new account.

If it doesn't happens with a new user account, then we may safely assume that something, other than Acrobat, may need to be uninstalled, configured, or updated just for that particular user account.

Also, what I meant here:

"And what happens if you click Help --->>> Repair Installation? "

When you open Acrobat just click on the Help menu and select Repair Installation from the context menu.

And what I meant here:

"When you open just the Adobe Acrobat program (no documents), do you also get the same issue?"

I was trying to suggest if the problem only happens when you actually open a PDF with Acrobat.

You can startup the Acrobat program without opening any PDFs in Acrobat.

I wanted to rule out if this issue occurs when just the Acrobat program opens up but with no PDF file loaded in it... just the program alone.

You will notice that if a document is already opened in Acrobat, and you use the Windows File Explorer to browse for that file, you may not be able to see or browse for it properly  because the actual file is loaded to temporary memory and chached to a temporary folder .

Using other features in Windows Explorer, like thumbnail preview, for example, may also manifest conflicts due to the Preview program not fully  releasing the file that is currently previewed in windows explorer to the program that is requesting access to it... in this case Acrobat (of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@edit - comment removed, not 100% certain its the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ThomHayes 

Hope you are doing well.

Would you mind sharing a little bit more details about your issue? Is it something like your comments added to the PDF, or Shared PDF has been deleted?

Helps us with the Acrobat version you are working with. Also is it a specific file that was impacted or every file that had commented on it.

Thanks,
Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - you've replied to me on another thread about the same issue - apparently Adobe are working on the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines