Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low Quality (Non-Vector) when Importing PDF/Word Docs to Create Template

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When creating a new template in Adobe, I first import a PDF or Word doc as the basis of that template.

However, the generated doc is very low quality and non-vector (despite the original being high quality and vectorized).

This happens no matter what original PDF/Word doc I choose to import.

How can I maintain the high quality (and vector-base) of the original in the generated doc?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response.

As you are trying to create a template, would you mind sharing the exact workflow you are using?

Please let us know the Adobe application you are using to create the template.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Thanks for getting back to me on this and sorry for the delayed response.

I am working with Adobe Acrobat (the online version: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home).

I start by clicking: 'Create a Template' which re-directs to 'Adobe Sign' and then simply input a name for the template and select a PDF from my computer (these are high quality PDFs which were typically written as Word docs and then saved as PDF in the highest quality settings).

I then click on the 'preview and add fields' button, and then see the preview of uploaded PDF which is visibly very poor and nothing like the quality of the original.

It's worth noting that it looks like the uploaded PDF has been converted to a low resolution image instead of maintaining it's original 'vectorial' properties.

This is where I'm stuck as it always looks the same no matter what PDF file I upload or its original quality.

Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Just a quick update:

(1) I found this discussion in this forum which involves the exact same problem I'm talking about here. However, the reply there suggesting that it's a Microsoft issue - because their software (Word) is generating the PDF - is essentially wrong. Note that in my case at least, the generated PDF is still in High Resolution and Quality. It is only upon uploading it to the Adobe Interface that the significant degredation happens so it's clearly an Adobe-related issue and not a Word-related issue.

(2) Just for reference, I'm using Microsoft Word 2019 to generate the PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no embedded fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question about "embedded fonts" in this context?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check foe embedded fonts in Crtl-D menu -- Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but click "ctrl+D" where exactly? where is this menu? In Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just press Ctrl-D when you open a file in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a PDF file in Acrobat and press Ctrl+D I just get the "add text" tool, noghing else (see attached screenshot).

I'm using a Mac so perhaps the shortcut keys are different, but I tried both "Ctrl+D" and "Cmd+D" and neither opens anything which is relevant to embeded fonts.

Is this perhaps relevant only to the Adobe Pro version? (I'm using the free version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ctrl+D is Command+D on the Mac.  It's a shortcut to File > Properties, where you can check up on fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines