• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAC Apple M1 chip Monterey 12.4 Adobe Acrobat DC Pro crashing now app won't load MacbookPro 16 2021

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been on the phone with Apple Senior support they know there are issues with third-party software. What's nice is there not using the usual dismissive well it's third-party software and that's not our problem. The problem is they're saying they're working with third-party software and they have great relationships with third-party software companies. Appy for them on their relationships but Mac users are stranded in a tortuous land and it's been months of agony... Tim Cook has turned Apple into a razor blade company riding on the huge earned income under the leadership of Steve Jobs (Okay rant over but I did make them laugh at Apple and I have to tell you some of the techs at Apple are practically s...l - (my post wouldn't load due to the "s" word - really?)  One tech, who had been there 35 years, was sad... I feel sorry for the techs ... I had to console her...  How many times can you come out with new software that has massive glitches? That never happened pre-TC. Can you imagine coming out with a whole new chip (M1) and it doesn't work? It doesn't work with their own software. I'm not joking they had to fix a glitch where if you did a search for a calendar event it said it wasn't there. Such as you made an appointment in another city, actually, another country and you need to get there and you do a search to find the date and can't find it. I'm laughing now but it's not funny I'm just glad it's over but it was really a couple of weeks of mayhem. 

So I looked on your site and there's somebody who was having a crash upon loading Adobe DC Pro.  I read through the guy's reply and actually felt sorry for him. His reply to the fix was that he had started a new job... he's got a new computer and he needs functionality. Don't we all? He tried to use your suggested cleaner but it didn't work and he said it seemed you have to install rosetta to make DC work... Huh? He seems to be having a meltdown. So can an Adobe tech go back and reply to his thread and throw him a lifeline, and help the man out or fix your "cleaner tool"?  My problem is different and has no threads.  Adobe was open it was working okay not great as it was crashing every once in a while but now it's crashed and your app won't open. If it helps it was while it said it was doing your Adobe update. Apple killed Adobe. Hey, look what Gates did to Wordperfect... Or maybe Adobe with its update nuked its own app. Please let's hope not. It should have asked me to close the app but it didn't. I can't get the app to load so I can't update and on and on. 

Please don't suggest that I restart my computer because I already did that.  I need some help and I need a fix that works. Also,  I really think somebody needs to go back to that guy's thread and it's on "M1 Adobe crash..." and help that poor guy...

Please don't suggest your cleaner as it doesn't work and blah blah blah, I need a fix... Does anybody out there in Adobe land have a fix? God, I sound like a junkie. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow-up I went to Finder to uninstall the Adobe DC app and reinstall it. I've never seen this before but I double-clicked on the Adobe UninstallerApp, and it flashed before my eyes and disappeared. Now in my dock, there is the Adobe UnInstaller app with the X in the upper right-hand corner (and the black dot showing underneath) showing it has loaded but it has not... It's not working. Worse in Finder Adobe distiller app (which I don't know what that is... ) and Adobe Acrobat Uninstaller app are greyed out.   So I'm going to have to give up until somebody has some helpful useful steps to fix this as I'm beaten... Oh, also I try double-clicking on a PDF doc to see if that would make Adobe DC load - nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Former Mac dealer chiming in...

There are some really cool, powerful Windows 11 laptops out there, like https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/business/surface-pro-x (full touch screen!!!) and the 28" touchscreen at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/business/surface-studio-2

Serioiusly, rarely have crashes on any of our Windows systems here at our studio — maybe once every couple of months and in most cases it's because we're beta testing software — but the Macs have to be rebooted more than once a day.

So I rarely boot up my Mac and now run fairly consistently on Windows 11. Cheaper systems with more ports, RAM, VRAM, SSD drive capacity. 

And the touch screens on the Windows Surface models (and other brands) are incredible for our design work.

Bye-bye, Apple — and not buy buy Apple.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank your reply... a very telling perspective...  software and hardware were what made Apple a great company... about ten years ago... No answers from any Adobe techs on how to resolve whic was unexpected...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds exactly like my issue. Everything was fine with Acrobat Pro DC until yesterday. I downloaded a PDF from my attorney and first encountered it. I don't know if that PDF introduced the issue because it was the first PDF I tried to open and Acrobat was not already open. I spent 2 hours in a chat with a tech who took control of my MacPro and could not resolve it. He eventually told me a senior tech would call me. I'm waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No resolutions so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines