Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac iOS font family Helvetica Neue in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am wondering about how Adobe Acrobat DC can recognize all Apple's fonts registered in Font Book.

In this case I am talking about the font Helvetica Neue. That one he see's in Acrobat but not all the sub fonts like "thin", "medium" etc...

It looks like he only recoqnize the family font but not the sub fonts.

Anyone else has this problem too?

Regards,

Dennis

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue with TrueType collection fonts on the Mac. Currently, there is no answer to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But one of the first topics started in 2018. I am confused this matter has not been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS or iOS? It can't be both !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS, you are right. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all problems will be fixed. Acrobat is a very basic editor, maybe you are trying to do advanced editing. This will hit many painful issues, and should never be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it makes you feel any better, these .ttc fonts also cause similar issues in other programs, including Office apps.

e.g. Avenir with 12 styles is another one that's problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just need to make small edits like add or correct single words.  After paying a lot per month for Adobe Creative Cloud, I should be able to do this without buying and learning a professional editing tool. This is a ripoff. Between Mac and Office you are talking about 90% of computer users. Now I can't change a typo in a document because the person who mmade the original doc used the 5th font in the Helvetica Neue collection. Adobe should adapt to OsX and MS Office not vice versa. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction - both MS (makers of Office) and Adobe should adapt to the operating system they market their software for. Anyway, that might be the end of my Adobe subsrciption. Utterly useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines